By providing your personal data, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy and you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, please do not access the application or provide your personal data.Food Direct does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from persons under the age of 18 (“Minors”). If you are a Minor, please do not use the application or send any personal data about yourself to us.
2. Personal data
Personal data refers to data about a person who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information to which Food Direct has or is likely to have access.The types of personal data we may collect from you include but are not limited to:-
2. contact details such as phone number and email address;
3. date of birth;
5. home address;
6. delivery address;
7. payment details;
8. purchase and order history;
9. login details and password;
10. preferences; and
11. other personally identifiable information which you provide in connection with your use of our services including in the process of creating an account, making payments, uploading, posting, displaying or otherwise transmitting any content on or through the Channels or via other means of communication such as email or telephone.
We also collect information that is sent automatically by your web browser, computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device. This data may include IP addresses, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed our application, and other browsing information. You may change the settings of your web browser or device. Please also refer to the section entitled “Cookies” below.
3. How the data is used
We do not sell or trade your personal data. The purposes for which personal data collected by Food Direct from you may be used and/or shared with third parties include but are not limited to:
1. processing and maintaining your account with us;
2. communicating with you in relation to membership benefits and entitlements and providing customer support;
3. processing, recording, monitoring and fulfilling your orders;
4. verifying and processing your personal details and payment;
5. customizing your shopping experience with us;
6. informing you of promotions, offers, surveys, events, products and services which may be of interest to you;
7. conducting and administering lucky draws and other promotional events;
8. complying with the law, rules, regulations, court orders, directives from law enforcement agencies or statutory bodies including stock exchanges and securities or industry regulators (“Law”) or enforcing legal rights and remedies;
9. improving our product and service offerings to you;
10. conducting research and statistical analysis;
11. backing up our systems to provide for disaster recovery;
12. facilitating the use of third party applications, such as social media, in connection with lucky draws or contests;
13. detecting or investigating prohibited, illegal, fraudulent or unauthorized activities;
14. protecting the rights and safety of our customers, staff and the public; and
15. any other purpose which we may notify to you.
If you wish to opt out of being contacted for our latest products, promotional offers, lucky draws and other marketing information, you may unsubscribe from the mailing list via the unsubscribe facility in the communication, or contact us at email@example.com .
We will only share your personal data where you have consented to such disclosure, or where the disclosure is required or permitted by Law, or with parties who have a reasonable requirement for such access. Such parties may include Food Direct associated companies and service providers, including but not limited to technology, marketing and logistics providers, credit card and payment processing companies, lawyers, auditors, professional advisers, investors and business partners.
We retain personal data for as long as the purpose for which the data was collected exists. Thereafter we will destroy or delete the information or remove the association between you and the data, unless otherwise required by law or accounting or business requirements.
We have commercially reasonable safeguards and measures to ensure that our information and data remain secure. Credit card information provided to us is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”) and we utilize industry-standard protocols as safeguards. However, no security measures are infallible and Food Direct does not warrant, represent, or undertake in any way that your personal data and/or communications will always remain private and safe, and we hereby disclaim all liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any loss, theft, unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copy, modification, or other action relating to any personal data held by us unless such loss is directly caused by our gross negligence, wilful default or fraud. To minimize the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal data, please choose and protect your login details and password appropriately. You will be responsible for any loss or theft of your login details, password or account information, and all activity on your account due to unauthorised use.
6. Cookies, etc
To optimise your experience, we may collect data via “cookies”. A cookie is a small file stored on your hard drive that enables us to recognise your browser and provide features personalised for you such as remembering items in your shopping cart, or enabling you to skip the process of re-entering your login details each time. If you do not wish to accept cookies from us, please change the settings on your web browser, computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to enjoy certain features of the application.
7. Contact us
You may update your personal data at any time via your account settings on the application, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for providing accurate and updated information.Please give us a reasonable period to process your requests. Please note that some information may remain in our records.
‘Food Direct’ Membership Programme’s Terms And Conditions:
1. The ‘Food Direct’ (Programme) is proprietary to Star Grocer Sdn. Bhd. (Company) where acceptance of any person(s) to the Programme shall be subject to the approval of the Company and once accepted by the Company, participation by any such person (Member) in the Programme shall be subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. The Programme is only accepted at Company branded supermarket (Supermarket) situated in Malaysia or the participating merchants that registered with the Company.
2. In order to become a Member, the applicant must agree to the terms and conditions. The Company reserves the right to make amendments or variations to the terms and conditions from time to time.
3. Participation in the Food Direct Membership Programme is open to all citizens and non-residents aged 18 years old and above.
4. The point will be awarded for every transaction of RM1 (exclusive of tax) to 1 loyalty Points. Members must spend minimum RM1 and above on qualifying purchases in a single transaction.
5. Once the Card is credited the loyalty Points corresponding to the Qualifying Purchases, a transaction receipt prepared by the cashier at the checkout counter shall be issued to the Member. Such transaction receipt shall be conclusive record of the Qualifying Purchases made as for the loyalty Points accumulated will be shown at the membership account within 24 hours. Member will be able to check up to 6 months loyalty transaction available at the ‘Food Direct’ Mobile App.
6. The following items are not included in the points’ calculation:
a. gift card/cash vouchers purchase,
b. ePay services, i.e., mobile reload, IDD reload, online game reload, e-wallet reload, Touch ’n Go reload, epay upload, Utilities Bills Payment, Payment to Authorities, etc.
7. The loyalty Points awarded and credited to the Card cannot be transferred or assigned to another Card or any other card issued by or on behalf of the Company or combined or aggregated with the loyalty Points of such Card or card or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with this Agreement. The loyalty Points have no cash or monetary value.
8. Member must present their ‘Food Direct’ eCard or Membership card to cashier before every transaction. Failure to do so will result no points will be awarded for the amount spent.
9. Members who do not made qualifying transaction and collect any loyalty points for 12 months will be removed from the Programme and all points and unused rewards or Vouchers will be deleted. Members will need to reapply for new membership should they wish to rejoin the programme.
10. Points accumulated will expire in the event that member does not make any Qualifying Purchase and earn any points within twelve (12) months from the date the last points were awarded. In such event, the card will be cancelled and accumulated points will be forfeited at the discretion of the Company and without notice to Member.
11. Points will be valid for 3 calendar years. Any un-redeem accumulated points will be removed from the Member Account on 1st Jan every year.
12. eGift Voucher has a validity period of 3 months with expiry date clearly stated in the eGift Voucher, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Additional terms and conditions may be found at the eGift-voucher.
13. The Member may refer to the Rewards catalogue available at ‘Food Direct’ Mobile App or the participating outlet for redemption, which shall be for the purpose of information and illustration only and shall not be construed as constituting any representation or warranty as to their availability.
14. The Company gives no representation or warranty with respect to any products and/or services featured in the Rewards catalogue. Where the Rewards are covered under any manufacturers' warranty, any disputes or claims shall be forwarded directly to the manufacturers concerned.
15. For Rewards that are to be redeemed from participating merchants or suppliers of Rewards as shall be appointed by the Company from time to time, the Member shall present his/her Card and national identity card (NRIC) for Rewards redemption.
16. Member who has redeemed his/her points for any ‘Food Direct’ rewards, i.e., merchant products or services, is not eligible for refund or cancellation from the Company.
17. The Member is responsible to examine, immediately upon receipt, the Rewards for any defects or damage, whether in its packaging or otherwise, and to verify the contents of the Rewards. Where the Reward or its packaging is found to be damaged or defective or that the contents therein is incomplete / damage, the Rewards be immediately returned the Rewards to the Customer Service at the Supermarket.
18. Company reserves the rights to reject any request for the replacement of faulty or damaged Rewards should the Member fail to return the same in the manner and within the time period set out as stated above.
19. It is the Members’ responsibility to notify the ‘Food Direct’’s management of any changes of personal particulars, lost or damaged card.
20. Member need to update or correct the provided personal data via ‘Food Direct’ Mobile App from time to time.
21. The Member agree that the Personal Data may be used by Company for the purposes below.
a. To associate the Card to the Member and to update information (if required);
b. To process the application by the Member for related services;
c. Management, operation and maintenance of Member's account, system including audit and exercising the rights of the Company under the terms and conditions;
d. Designing new or improving existing services provided by Company, our subsidiaries, associates and affiliates;
e. Communication by Company to Member;
f. Investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transaction and research for service improvement;
g. Prevention or detection of crime or fraud; and
h. Disclosure as required by law, rules, regulations, codes or guidelines.
22. Members deemed to have subscribed to the marketing mailing list upon registered as a ‘Member’ in the App and the Company will send or deliver the marketing information and relevant updates (“Newsletter(s)”) via push notification, SMS, electronic direct mail (e-DM), direct mail (DM) and/or any other communication channels blast by the Company.
23. The Member may terminate his/her membership anytime by giving notice in writing to the Company. However, there will be no refund of points collected in any form for termination of membership.
24. Any abuse or fraud with respect to The Points under the Programme or redemption of Rewards will result in the cancellation of the Member's participation in the Programme, cancellation of the Card and revocation of The Points or return of redeemed Rewards (or its reasonable compensation thereto).
25. The Company reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or change the features and benefits of the membership programme, including the terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice or assigning any reasons.
26. Company shall not be liable for any loss of accumulated The Points or loss or damage suffered as a result of any defect or error in any machines or inability to retrieve any information or data from the computer system.
27. Company shall not be liable howsoever for any errors, delays, loss or damage, which may be directly or indirectly due to breakdown, failure of machinery or the processor; or industry dispute, war, act of God, system failure and anything outside the control of the Company.
28. Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Member due to the following reasons:
a. any failure by the Reward supplier to abide by the terms and conditions on which it has agreed to provide the Reward;
b. any statement, communication or implication arising from any revocation, suspension or restriction of the use of the Card; and
c. any failure or omission to notify the Member of any changes in the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Rewards Guide, participating companies, Qualifying Purchases and The Points awarded for Qualifying Purchases.
29. If you have any questions or complaints, please contact our Customer Services team on 03-91747717 between the hours of 9.00 am to 6.00 pm every working days. Alternatively, email us on service.fooddirect.gmail.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOOD DIRECT E-STORE
This Food Direct mobile app and website are owned and operated by Star Grocer Sdn Bhd (company registration No. 1171881-W).
These online shopping Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases ordered online through the E-Store website and mobile Application (“APP”) hosted by Food Direct
1.1. You agree that the Company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, in the Company’s sole discretion, by posting any such amendment(s) to the Company’s platform without prior and separate notice.
1.2. Your continued use of the site or any part of it after amendment to these terms and conditions is posted will be deemed as full knowledge and acceptance of the revised terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any such amendment(s), your sole recourse shall be to cease using the site.
2. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
2.1. To register with the account, you must be over eighteen (18) years of age.
2.2. Customer is required to register before placing any order through this platform. During the registration:
· You must provide us with accurate, complete and up to date registration information;
· You must safeguard your username and password;
· You authorize us to assume that any person using the site with your username and password is either you or is authorized to act for you.
2.3. The Company has the absolute discretion to refuse registration of a potential customer and to terminate the registration of any customer for any reason whatsoever.
2.4. Customer must register their personal details and keep the Company informed of any changes via the Food Direct App.
2.5. Customer shall be liable for every order made under your login and agrees to indemnify the Company for all claims, damages whatsoever made by any third party arising from the actions of a person placing orders through this platform using your login.
2.6. Should you find any unauthorised use of your login, you shall notify the Company immediately and effectively.
3 PRICE AND PRODUCT
3.1 The Company shall make every effort to ensure that prices, details and sizes of products on this platform are up to date. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and all orders are subject to Company's acceptance at its sole discretion and stock availability.
3.2 The Company shall make every effort to ensure products displayed on the platform are in stock. If from time-to-time products become out of stock, the Company reserves the right to offer alternative product/s to the Customer of similar value and range.
3.3 Prices charged for purchases on this platform may be different from those charged in our stores.
3.4 The prices charged are those applicable on the day you order.
3.5 When ordering products by weight, Food Direct reserves the right to supply products with a weight difference. However, Food Direct shall make every effort to ensure the weight difference is minimal and as close to Customer’s request.
3.6 All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and the Company reserves the right to reject the order in the event that any of the products or services requested is unavailable. In the event that we are unable to fulfil any of the products or services in your order, we will notify you by phone or email.
3.7 All pictures and images of the products displayed on this site are for illustration purposes in order to help the customer to recognise the products only. The actual size, dimension and colour of the products may differ.
4 ONLINE ORDER
4.1. Once you have selected a product that you wish to order via Food Direct E-STORE, you will then be shown (on the platform) the charges you must pay including tax, if applicable, and any applicable delivery charges.
4.2. Customer shall pay for the order in full at the time of delivering/collecting the products based on the payment mode acceptable by us.
4.3. We shall not be obliged to supply the product to you until we have accepted your payment of the order.
4.4. Until the time when we accept your payment of the order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your order or hand the products to you.
4.5. We reserve the right to cancel your order if we found any dispute or potential fraud.
4.6. You may earn reward points (“FOOD DIRECT”) by buying all product listed at participated outlet at Food Direct E-STORE. Reward points will be credited to Customer’s Account upon completed payment of a successful transaction and processed the order.
4.7. All the Food Direct Membership programmme Terms and Conditions are applied to the customer who registered at Food Direct E-STORE.
5.1. The availability of the products presented on the Platforms depends on stock in stores and the Company does not guarantee the availability of products.
5.2. In order to ensure that products are available to all customers, the Company has the right to set maximum limits in advance for the purchase of individual items by a single Customer. For example, if the Customer makes an order of 10 bottles of chilli sauce which would use up all the stock of that store, the store may only deliver 5 bottles.
5.3. The Customer shall always be notified in advance if the products requested cannot be delivered by reason that it has exceeded the maximum or restricted limit.
5.4. If the products requested by the Customer are unavailable due to factors beyond the Company’s control, the Company shall make every effort to offer a substitute item which is closest in terms of price and type to the originally requested item.
5.5. On delivery the substituted products will be separated from the other products requested by the Customer and the customer shall be entitled to refuse to accept the substituted products either in full or partially.
5.6. The amount for the products that are not accepted shall not be charged to the Customer’s payment card, if the Customer has provided payment card details in advance in order to pay online.
5.7. Delivery charges will be imposed for cancellation/refund request agreed by both parties, the Company and the Customer.
6.1 The Company may cancel an order if the product is not available for any reason. We will notify you if this is the case and return any payment that you have made. Refund will be credited into Customer's credit card account depending on the period of time your financial institution required to arrange for the refund.
6.2 You are not allowed to cancel the order once a Confirmation of Order is issued. If you wish to seek further information or assistant, please contact our Customer Services team on 03-91747717 between the hours of 9.00 am to 6.00 pm weekdays. Alternatively, email us on service.fooddirect.gmail.com.
7 RETURN / REFUND
7.1. You shall examine the products immediately upon collection / delivery for any deficiencies and/or damages. Claims (if any) must be lodged to our customer service hotline 03-91747717 at the time of collection/ delivery; otherwise we shall have the discretion to refuse your claim.
7.2. For product collected from store which is found to be defective and/or is damaged inside the packaging after collection, you may return and bring back the defective product to the store where you collected the product within 3 working days. You must present a valid receipt, with damaged / defected item of the purchase for the return purpose .
7.3. For home delivery, you may bring back to the specific store or contact customer service for any faulty or damaged products, or incorrect items we will process the refund to Customer within five (5) to twenty-one (21) days to the same payment card/account via the banking or e-Money / e-Wallet Issuers selected and processed during the ordering/check out.
7.4. If you discover any defect or damage inside the packaging after the delivery process, please return the parcel within 3 work days at ordered outlet, with valid receipt & product purchased.
7.5. Exchange of the product or refund for the product can be arranged for the following reasons:
· If the product is obviously expired / damaged upon collection at the store / at time of delivery.
· If the product is expired / damaged inside packaging after collection/ delivery; and you contact customer service within 3 work days.
· If the product ordered is different from the item collected at the store/ delivered.
7.6. We will inspect the returned product upon return by you. If one or more of the conditions in 7.4 is fulfilled, you are entitled to choose between an exchange of the same product if the same product is available in our stock.
7.7. Products returned for a refund shall be refunded at the price which you had paid at the point of ordering.
7.8. For shortages or deficiencies of products that are claimed at the time of collection / taking delivery and subsequently approved by the Company, a refund shall be made to Customer within five (5) to twenty-one (21) days to the same payment card/account via the banking or e-Money / e-Wallet Issuers selected and processed during the ordering/check out.
7.9. For FOOD DIRECT membership card, in the event of a refund, all member points received for the purchase of the refunded products will be removed from the FOOD DIRECT member account.
8. PRODUCTS COLLECTION AT PARTICIPATING OUTLET
8.1. The products of collection is confirmed based on the outlet selected by the Customer at Food Direct E-STORE.
8.2. The Customer is required to make full payment during collection based on the available payment mode.
8.3. If the Customer is not available to collect the order personally, an authorized representative may collect on his/her behalf. The Customer is required to call our customer service to inform and provide the information of the representative and the representative must be over 18 years of age. The Customer or the representative may be required to provide proof of identity via tele-conversation on collection of order and the Customer or the representative shall acknowledge receipt upon collection.
8.4. If the Customer does not collect the goods on the timeslot selected by the Customer, Food Direct will not take any responsibility of the goods they purchased.
8.5. The Company will not entertain any request for change of product of collection once the order confirmation has been issued and completed the checkout.
8.6. No delivery charges apply for order collection at selected outlet.
9. HOME DELIVERY
Delivery is available to residential area within 15KM from outlet selected by the Customer at Food Direct E-STORE.
Delivery charges will be calculated during your order check out and the summary of the charges will be stated during your order check out.
Goods will only be delivered upon receipt of full payment of the order. Cash-on-delivery is not available and partial payment will not be entertained.
Whilst the Company makes every effort to deliver all orders within the agreed delivery period, the Company will not be liable if it fails to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond its control.
The order will be delivered to the Customer via our delivery team, delivery company or personnel appointed by Food Direct.
Our delivery team will deliver the order to the main entrance of the delivery address provided. At Customer’s request, our delivery team may carry Customer’s order into the delivery address, for example, to a particular floor in an apartment block or into the kitchen but only if : a) the driver has the permission of the Customer, b) the driver believes that it is safe to do as per Customer requests, c) there is no obstacle preventing entrance, for example a locked main door.
The Company reserves the right to deliver only to the main entrance of the delivery address provided.
If there is nobody qualified to receive the products at the agreed delivery time by the Customer, the Company will leave a notification of the attempted delivery, and Customer is required to contact our customer services to re-arrange delivery.
If Customer requests for re-delivery, the Company will charge an additional re-delivery fee of RM 15 for providing the services.
If the delivery includes alcoholic drink(s) or any other age-restricted item(s), you are deemed to agree to ensure that a person of 21 years of age or older with appropriate identification is present to collect the delivery of the item(s). Food Direct reserves the right to not deliver any age-restricted product to anyone who is, or appears to be under, the age of 21 years old, and to charge the customer an additional re-delivery fee of RM 15.
The customer is required to contact the customer service hotline at 03-91747717 for the following circumstances:
If there is any change of delivery address/contact details after the submission of order and before the delivery date
Rescheduling of delivery date
Rescheduling of delivery time
Request for a specific delivery date/time
The Company reserves the right to charge the minimum administration charges/delivery charges for any other special redelivery arrangement or return request.
No amendment to an order item is allowed once the order has been processed.
To add any additional item(s), kindly make a second order prior to delivery and inform us via customer service hotline. All amendments if agreed to surcharge must be confirmed via a reply through customer service hotline at 03-91747717.
10. PAYMENT TERMS
10.1 Once you have completed the order at our platforms, please proceed to make payment with the payment options available.
10.2 Upon confirmation by the payment gateway vendor, our fulfilment team will start to pack the goods.
10.3 The Company does not accept cash as payment option.
10.4 The goods will be delivered to the delivery address, or your goods will be ready for pick up at the selected store based on the timeslot selected at the App or website.